Latisse® grows long and thick eyelashes. Latisse® is a prescription topical treatment applied directly to the upper lash line. It stimulates hair growth leading to fuller and longer eyelashes. Results take 6 to 16 weeks to take full effect and can be dramatic with daily application.
As thicker, fuller eyebrows are also becoming more desirable, patients can opt to use Latisse® to enhance them as well. While not FDA approved for this indication, many of our patients see fantastic results using Latisse® daily for their eyebrows.
In 2001, Allergan (the makers of Latisse®) developed a medicated eye drop to treat glaucoma. Many patients reported growing longer, fuller and darker lashes as a side effect. This led Allergan to study the medication's active ingredient, bimatoprost, specifically for growing lashes. After a clinical trial, LATISSE® was approved by the FDA in December of 2008 and has been a safe and effective treatment ever since.
Latisse® is the first and only FDA approved medical aesthetics treatment that is specifically proven to enhance eyelash prominence as measured by increases in length, thickness, and darkness. Latisse® is dispensed by physicians only.
Our doctors can determine if eyelash enhancement treatment is right for you. Call our office to schedule your consultation and to learn more.
How to Apply Latisse
Some important do's and don’t
- Do not apply to the lower lid or in the eye and blot excess solution with a tissue.
- Only use the sterile applicators supplied with LATISSE® to apply the product.
- Don't allow the tip of the bottle or applicator to touch fingers or any other unintended surface, as contamination by common bacteria is known to cause infections.
- Remove contact lenses prior to applying LATISSE®. Contact lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes afterwards.
- Remember, if you stop using LATISSE®, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance.